Yamuna Bhagwat has been training in Bharatanatyam at Aradhana School of Dance founded by her Guru Vidwan Shri Nagabhushan for the last 10 years. She started learning Bharatanatyam only at the age of 25, though she evinced a keen interest for this art form ever since her child hood.
Holding a Master’s degree in Bharatanatyam with first class, Yamuna has participated in a number of dance drama-s presented by her Dance School, Aradhana School of Dance, in different parts of the country besides presenting many solo dance performances on the various prestigious plat forms.
Yamuna has performed her Rangapravesha in Bharatanatyam in 2007 at Ravindra Kala Kshetra, Bengaluru and has also been selected for presenting a Solo Bharatanatyam performance at the Bengaluru Dooradarshana Kendra under the ‘B’ Grade Artist cadre.
List of various cultural events and competitions taken part:
· Performed numerous times on the occasion of Dasara and Ugadi in Shri Kshetra Gayathri Temple, Yeshwanthpur, Bengaluru.
· Performed at the Ganesha temple in Pillaiyarpatti near Madurai on the occasion of Gowri-Ganesha festival, in Aug 2006, Sept 2007, Sept 2008 and August 2011.
· Raichur Zilla Utsava organized by the Kannada culture Department, Raichur, Karnataka.
· Kannada Sahitya Praishat Sammelana, Chamrajnagar, Mysore.
· Agriculture, Industry, Tourism and Science Exhibition, Kolkata.
· Nrityotsava at Bellary, Karnataka.
· Hampi Utsava organized by the Kannada culture Department, Hampi, Karnataka.
· Kannada Rajyotsava organized by the Kannada culture Department, Goa.
· Navarathri Celebrations at Sri Guruvayur Temple, Kerala.
List of Some Solo performances:
· ‘Yuva Sourabha’ – Every Wednesday cultural programme organized by Kannada Culture Dept on 30th May’07.
· Keladi Utsava organized by the Kannada culture Department, Sagar, Karnataka on 5th Jan’08.
· Every Friday Cultural Programme organized by the Indian Council for Cultural Relations, Bengaluru on 28th March’08.
As part of RanagaAayama festival Yamuna Bhagwat is performing at K H KalaSoudha on Jan 29, 2012.